Microsoft Office is the most trending productivity suite that consists of various desktop applications (like MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint), mobile applications (like Office Lens, Office Remote), server applications (like Microsoft SharePoint, Skype for Business Server)and web services (Delve, Office Online). The users need to download the Office setup either using the online mode or the offline mode to enjoy all the features, applications and services available inside the productivity suite. In both the modes of downloading the office setup, the users need to create the Office account by login into office.com/setup to activate the services.
The Microsoft Office account keeps a record of all the users’ subscribed packages along with the product key required to activate them. The Office account also manages and stores the details of the devices on which the particular Office setup has been installed by the user.Apart from managing and storing the details related to the subscribed product, the users can utilize the Office account to purchase a new Office subscription package.
How to create Microsoft Office account?
Follow the steps mentioned below in the orderly manner to create a new Microsoft Office account, easily:
1. Firstly, visit the official website www.office.com/setup.
2. Now, click the “Sign In” option displayed at the top-right corner of the main web page or the home page.
3. And then, the users will be directed to the “Sign In” page. Here, the users may sign in to the Office account,if they already have an existing account else, create a new one by clicking the “No account? Create one!” option.
4. After this, the users will be directed to another page where a form will be displayed to them.
5. Now, fill this form with the required information and create a strong password.
6. The users may use the links mentioned below to change how to sign up to the Microsoft Office account.
- Use your email instead (in this link, the users may use the pre-existing email address like email@example.com and set a strong password).
- Use a phone number instead(in this link, the users may use the activated phone number and set a strong password).
- Get a new email address(in this link, the users adopt a new email address like firstname.lastname@example.org and create a strong password).
7. At last, select the “Next” option. And clicking the “Next” option means that the users are making an agreement to the “Privacy statements and Microsoft Services”.
Sometimes the users may forget the password of their Office account thus, follow the stepwise procedure mentioned below to recover the account, easily:
1. Firstly, visit the Sign in page of the Microsoft Office.com/setup.
2. And if the users had forgotten their password then, click the “Can’t access your account” option displayed on the screen. The users will be directed to the next page.
3. Now, the users will be asked about “Which type of account do you need help with”. On this page, select the type as “Personal account Created by you”.
4. After this, the users will be asked about “Why can’t you sign in”. Now, choose the “I forgot my password” option, by marking the radio button in front of it.
5. Now, click the “Next” option. And then, the “Recover your account” page will be displayed on the screen.
6. On this page, fill the details like email address of the Office account and the image text code. And then, click the “Next” button.
7. A popup will appear on the screen asking the users to verify the email address. Now, an email will be send to the email address consisting of a security code.
8. Enter this security code in the space provided and click “Verify”.
9. At last the users need to answer various questions related to the users and their account to recover the Office account.
10. Answer these questions and then, click the “Submit” option.
The users will be sent the instructions to recover the account within 24 hours if the recovery request by the users has been accepted.